The classic road trip. Just you, your friends, the open road, all of America ready to be explored
And Vagabond Dog, Inc.
Hi, my name is Dylan Flipse, and this is my company. I am a one-stop shop for all your road trip needs. My services are ALWAYS custom-tailored to fit you and your plans. I have been supplying road trips to dozens of satisfied customers since 1998. Please read on for more information.
What do you provide?
This is probably the most obvious question. The answer is - Vagabond Dog can provide anything you need!
- Do you just need advice on your road trip? This could include advice on packing, vehicle choice, route, supplies, duration, destinations, and much, much more!
- Do you a car and destination in mind, but are unsure about making the drive? I can do the vast majority of your driving for you, and I'll be as unobtrusive as you want me to be.
- You've got a car, know where you're going, but you've got kids? Let me do the driving while you entertain the little monsters. You'll be glad you did.
- Or do you just want to go *somewhere* but have no way to get out of town? I of course can supply my own highly capable road tripping vehicle and many other supplies (see below), in addition to my services as Primary Driver.
- Are you crazy? Need to get from the East Coast to the West Coast in 48 hours? No problem, we've done it before, and in less time, I assure you. I can bring on my carefully-selected, highly-trained associates (subject to availability) and no trip is too extreme.
Sounds great, but what are your credentials?
- Pennsylvania Driver's License, originally issued 4/11/1998
- Over 130,000 miles behind the wheel
- College degree - Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry, cum laude, from Case Western Reserve University, 2004.
What else do you bring to the table?
This is where Vagabond Dog far outshines any and all competitors. Remember, your road trip will be tailored to YOU. These are just some of my assets that can be made available for the road trip you'll remember for a life time.
- GPS Navigation system for my vehicle, your vehicle, or even on foot.
- Vast selection of friendly homes all over the country for free/emergency housing/sandwiches with little to no notice.
- Excellent CD collection
- Trivial Pursuit games - pass endless hours on the highway
- The ability to pull all-nighters effortlessly, and in rapid succession
- Inexhaustible supply of personal trivia - uncountable hours of conversation
- The perfect mix of recklessness, adaptability, and preparation
- Full compliment of camping gear - tent, tarps, coolers, camp stove, rope, knives, etc. Also, I function as a highly-rated campsite chef.
- International abilities - no problem taking the trip to Canada or Mexico if merited
- DC to AC Power Inverter - 300W from your cigarette lighter!
- CPR/First Aid Certification (Red Cross) as well as a top-notch first aid kid
- Nationwide cellular telephone service
- 24/7 Research Staff - available for contact by phone, with a world of information at their fingertips
- No, I will not make out with you
- Skilled in both manual and automatic transmissions
- AAA Membership, in case of emergency
- Genetic disposition to long-distance travel on the road
- Digital, film, and video cameras, as well as proficiency in each - I help document your trip!
What are some of the road trips you've lead?
I've been responsible for far, far too my road trips to possibly include them all, but here are a few. Notice I've gone in every direction, for all different lengths of time, in varying amounts of a hurry, on all different budgets. Basically, if you're interested in doing it, I've done it.
Be sure to check out some of the pictures below.
- (Summer 2000) - Cross country, three driver team. Including 2700+ miles in 42 hours. West Coast - For A BBQ
- (Summer 2003) - Cross country, solo. Including consecutive 1000+ mile date. Left Arm Suntan
- (Summer 2001) - Seven person, unplanned, Pennsylvania to Montreal. Accommodations and lodging acquired on the fly.
- (Fall 2003) - Weekend camping trip, fifteen people. Arranged directions, and coordinated paintball equipment and food.
- (Summer 2001) - 1AM-3PM, two person, one driver, Williamsport to Niagara Falls, and back.
- (Summer 2002) - Overnight Williamsport to Washington, DC for airport drop-off, extended to DC sightseeing and other fun activities
- (Spring 2000) - Not atypical four day weekend from my high school days - Williamsport to Corning, to Mansfield, overnight, back Corning, to Towanda, to Harrisburg, overnight, Mansfield, par-tay, overnight, Tom was in a parade in the morning, Harrisburg, Williamsport, overnight, Knoebels Grove Amusement park, to Mansfield, and back to Williamsport. The next weekend involved Mansfield, Connecticut, Vermont and the return trip.
I am convinced. How do I hire Vagabond Dog, Inc?
Well, first of all you'll have to contact me for a quote. Call or email, with a general idea of the trip you'd like to take, and the resources you already have. (Of course, if you'd like me to supply the idea, I can do that too!) Please keep in mind that Vagabond Dog is not available all the time, we may be booked or have other committments. Also very important - feel free to call, but prices will be MUCH higher if you call before noon.
You sleep. I'll handle the driving.
You've got to be ready to handle all kinds of weirdness out on the road.
Short on sleeping space? I'll take the uncomfortable spot.
I wasn't lying about being a gourmet camp chef.
Gotta be prepared for anything.
If the roadtrip requires it (and don't laugh, some do) I have no problem with formal attire.
Great example of a custom ordered roadtrip. Pickup, one stop for supplies, free place to stay/breakfast, free lunch, cheerful goodbyes, and delivery, just as requested.
These two have spent as many or more miles on my road trips as anyone. They look happy.
By Dylan Flipse,